I have been nominated by not one, but two wonderful blogs, saying that I inspire them. It is pretty overwhelming when I have only been blogging now for 8 months. I have to say I am amazing at the community spirit there is online and the support, help and advice I have received through my very short time of blogging!
Anna from shenANNAgans (isn’t it a fantastic name) nominated me first. She is amazing, always commenting on my blogs (you know that it is really important for us that you do leave comments, even if it is just “this looks good” or “yum”) She has a wonderful blog, so you should drop in and say hello! Anna loves beer 🙂 so she is always on the look out for a nice drop! Has lots of travel stories, foodie stories and spins a great yarn!
Nicole from Miss Food Fairy has a beautiful blog with yummy recipes that even I have time to make. I made her last post “30 minute creamy asparagus and gorgonzola risoni” except I made it into a risotto and it was fantastic. Make sure you go and have a look at her fabulous page! 🙂
This is was I like about blogs, they inspire you to cook things that maybe you won’t have thought of, or they help you to remember that long lost recipe your grandmother use to make! So have a look at the rest of the list of bloggers that inspire me. I have made something from every one of them and I am continually amazed at what they come up with. I hope that in 7 – 8 years, I am still inspiring Anna and Nicole and they are doing the same for me!
Before I give you my list I also wanted to let you know that most of us do this because we love it! I Mean, I don’t get paid (yet) but I love putting up and inventing recipes, that people see and use, then change and adapted for their family and friends. It give me great joy, so please remember, when you make a recipe, even if there is something you would like to change let us know, feed back it always good! 🙂
Click on the name to take you directly to the blog! I haven’t worked out yet how to make it go to a new page (I’m still trying to figure everything out) so to get back to me just press the back arrow.
1. Charlie from Hotly Spiced is one of the main reasons for me starting my blog. She is fantastic and I know why people keep coming back, it isn’t just for her wonderful recipes, it is for the great stories that come with them. I featured Charlie’s No Bake Hedgehog Slice and it was a huge hit! So stop by and stay a while at this wonderful blog!
2. Celia at Fig Jam and Lime Cordial is the host of In My Kitchen which is a monthly post where we (food bloggers) get to share what has been happening in out kitchens for the month) Celia has also been the inspiration for my new bread obsession! I have been making the most beautiful sourdough and bread rolls… Cheese is next Celia… so watch out!
3. Jane Grover “Naked Food” Well that is the name of her cook book anyway! It is wonderful and is filled with the freshest tastiest recipes. Two of Jane’s recipes inspired the salads that I made for Christmas day this year. Hop on over to her blog and check out the wonderful adventures she has with her husband. If you live in Sydney she does market tours, has a table lunch where you shop, cook and eat all in the same day!
4. Lorraine at Not Quiet Nigella has a fantastic blog! Every day I wake up and check my emails to find another wonderful recipe, fantastic adventure or great review! I recently made a batch of her Apricot and Almond Jam which was nearly as good as my Apricot and Rum Jam! LOL! It taste fantastic and I love the differences in texture from the smooth apricot to the crunch of the almonds. I also featured Lorraine’s Ice – Cream Bread recipe in one of my recipes of the month! Too good! Pop over and subscribe to her blog so you to can enjoy the daily delights too!
5. Fiona at Tiffin Bite Sized has a great blog that always has something different. She has promised a number of travel posts this year that I am really looking forward to! She does have a bit of a sweet tooth and leans toward that, but the other day I made her Caramelised Onion Tart which words… do… not… describe it was… astonishing! Food doesn’t often leave me speechless, but I probably will never make it again unless i am going to take it somewhere, because I nearly after the whole thing!
6. Claire at Claire K Creations has a fantastic blog and she never ceases to amazing me. She is married and has a young son and still manages to whip up amazing recipes and blog them as well! I featured Claire in my recipe of the Month section when I made her Triple Chocolate Brownies with Pecans… Indescribable!
7. Jeanine at Love and Lemons is a wonderful blog that has lots and lost of great ways to use vegetables, there is meat too, but I love that I can save recipes (love and lemons is based in Austin Texas so I have to save the recipes till they come into season here) and make in season deliciousness. I converted Jeanine’s Sunflower Cheese recipes for a recipe of the month last September. I also love that a lots of her recipe are allergy free, so please pop on over and have a look and discover a whole new world of food!
8. Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake and she really can, what Liz doesn’t know about being isn’t worth knowing. Obviously, she does eat and share other types of food, but here baking is certainly inspirational. I don’t know how she stays so trim, if she tries all her amazing baking. So if you have a bit of a sweet tooth or even if you don’t, check out this inspiring blog!
9. Mrs Mulberry at Mulberry and Pomegranate I have to be truthful and say that I am yet to make anything from this blog, but it is on the inspiration list because every time I receive an email with a recipe, I WANT TO MAKE IT! This is a blog that has a distinctive Greek flavour with mix of recipes, travel, and stories! Everything look so delicious and is beautifully photographed!
Honestly, I could keep going as there are so many fantastic blogs that specialise in all sorts of different things! So what do you like to eat? Do a google search and check out a new blog, leave a comment and let the blogger know that all their hard work is important, because, we keep inspiring a generation of people to cook and love great food! So what inspires you… is it food? People? Friends? Family?
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to say hi and leave a comment, it really does mean a great deal when you take the time to drop by!
If you like this blog maybe you might like these