Well… I have been really busy, cooking up a storm in my kitchen, taking some of my favourite recipes and making them work with my new Thermomix™, which has been working overtime and still amazes me every time I use it! 🙂
Here is another EASY, wonderful slow cooker recipe that I developed for those of you out there that want to make something yummy for your family without too much work. I use a whole chicken in this recipe, but you could easily use chicken pieces as well, just make sure they still have bones in them, as I find that the chicken holds together better and has a much better flavour!
Those frozen ice cubes in the slow cooker are my home made stock concentrate (TM Stock Paste), but if you don’t do that then you can just use a powdered version, but don’t use normal liquid stock as the sauce will be too runny!
1 x 2kg Chicken or Chicken pieces
2 leeks sliced thinly (or onions roughly chopped)
200g mushrooms roughly chopped
1/2 cup white wine (optional)
2 tablespoons corn flour
2 cups cream
2 tablespoons Thermomix™ chicken stock paste (or cubes)
your choice of mixed vegetables
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place cut up leeks and mushrooms in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Combine corn flour, cream and stock concentrate and pour over vegetables.
3. Place whole chicken on top of vegetable and cream mixture breast side down.
4. Put Slow cooker on high for 6- 8 hours depending on your slow cooker.
5. About 3 hours into the cooking process I sometimes throw in some extra vegetable like carrots, zucchini’s, beans, peas, etc…
I turned over the chicken when it was cooked so the photo would look better, but you don’t have to! 🙂
6. When cooked, taste the sauce to see if it needs any salt or pepper and adjust to your taste.
7. Serve with rice, pasta or just some vegetables…