Ingredients – This makes 12 – 14 small finger and can be easily doubled
40g parmesan cheese
120g bread crumbs (use almond meal for GF)**
500g raw fish (ling, basa or any strong white fish)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
40g lemon juice
oil for frying
1. Weigh in parmesan cheese, mill for 10 seconds/ speed 10. Set aside in a bowl with breadcrumbs.
2. Place fish, onion, garlic powder salt and lemon juice into thermomix and blend 5 seconds/speed 8. Scrape down sides of the bowl and repeat if desired.
3. Weigh flour onto a plate, beat eggs in a clean bowl and weigh breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese into clean bowl and set aside.
4. With wet hands, shape fish mixture into desired shape** then cover in flour, dip in egg and coat in breadcrumb mixture.
5. Set aside in fridge for at-least 1 hour.
6. Once rested, shallow fry, deep fry, air fry, fish fingers in the oil of your choice (Just not EVOO as it doesn’t get hot enough to make the fingers krispy) and serve with lemon wedges and tartare sauce.
*TIP: I use the snack bar moulds (Thermomix) as a basis for the 12 fingers, then I freeze them before taking them out of the moulds and coating re the flour, egg and breadcrumbs then you can quickly re freeze for later or cook as desired
** TIP: it is easy to make breadcrumbs just pop some bread that has been dried in the oven. Place ripped pieces of the bread in the Thermomix and blitz 10 – 15 seconds/speed 5.
I hope you enjoy making these fish fingers, I always have them in the freezer for those night when I really don’t want to cook… I spray them with oil and pop them in the oven and eat!