This recipe came about from a Facebook page that I am a member of. It is all about helping people convert recipes to the Thermomix… The members sometimes post recipes and ask if anyone could help them to convert it. I must be getting a bit of a reputation as I was tagged specifically to this recipe, so I stopped what I was doing and made this, because I think that it is a fantastic mid week meal… well probably at the end of the week, when the cupboard is getting low!
Some of the recipes I look at are more challenging to convert to the Thermomix, some of them are easy… This falls into the very easy category. If you would like to check out the original post, go to the fabulous blog of AMY BITES. The only thing that I changed in the ingredients list was to add 60g of milled cashews and I use smokey paprika instead of red pepper flakes. You could easily use almond meal instead of cashews or leave out the nuts all together, your choice. I also threw in a bit of left over BBQ Chicken that I had in the fridge that need to be used up and it used Yogurt instead of cream, so good for those trying to cut back after Christmas! This is a very cheap meal, used up the leftovers I already had in the fridge and VERY tasty!
600g of Broccoli (cut into flowerettes)
500g of Dried Pasta (I used Penne)
1 Teaspoon of Salt
60g of Cashews/Almonds
100g of Parmesan Cheese (plus extra for the serving)
40g Unsalted Butter
40g Olive Oil
1 Onion (peeled and halved)
3 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon of Smokey Paprika
140g of Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
125g pasta water
Black pepper to taste
50g of baby spinach leaves or parsley for serving (optional)
1. Mill parmesan cheese 5 seconds/speed 10 and set aside.
2. (If Using) in the same bowl, mill nuts 5 seconds/speed 10 and set aside.
3. Place 1500g of water and 1 teaspoon of salt into the mixing bowl and bring to the boil 10 minutes/100/speed 1.
4. Place the broccoli flowerettes and cut stem into the Varoma. Place the dried pasta into the mixing bowl then place the Varoma on top. Cook 13 minutes/100/reverse/soft spoon. (check directions on your pasta packet, I use organic or barilla pasta and it seems to take a bit longer)
5. Remove Varoma and set aside, drain pasta and place into a ThermoServer, making sure that you keep 125g of the pasta water.
6. Place onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 7, scrape down bowl.
7. Add butter, oil and smokey paprika and sauté 3 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.
8. Add steamed broccoli from Varoma, yogurt, 60g of the parmesan cheese, milled nuts (if using), 125g of pasta water and pepper to taste, mix 20 seconds/speed 5.
9. Pour sauce over pasta in the ThermoServer and stir through spinach or parsley (if using).
10. Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese and eat immediately.
I hope you enjoy this quick easy meal. If you don’t have a Thermomix, that’s ok you could just cook the pasta on the stove and do the final steps in a food processor. Don’t forget to check out the original recipe over on AMY BITES.
Don’t forget to leave me a message, it is always great to hear from you!
If you like this recipe maybe you will like these too?